It is both emotionally and financially taxing on the entire family to care for a child or an adult that requires long-term medical assistance or medical equipment. Luckily, there are many options available for families to afford necessary, but often underfunded, medical equipment. RSVP Homecare is a Cincinnati, Ohio homecare company that provides durable medical equipment and helps families file insurance claims for underfunded medical equipment.
There are a few options to maximize the federal benefits available to purchase medical equipment. RSVP Homecare accepts a variety of federal assistance programs, such as Medicaid, for durable medical equipment in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program provides assistance for medically prescribed enteral feeding, otherwise known as tube feeding, and oral formulas for children under the age of five. Additionally, families below the federal poverty line can receive assistance for medical equipment through WIC.
- Similarly, Medicaid can be used as primary or supplementary health coverage for low-income families and children to potentially cover medical equipment that is not covered by insurance. Medicaid can cover formulas, diapers, or medical equipment, including catheters, equipment rental or durable medical equipment in Cincinnati, Ohio. A few examples of medical equipment covered include ventilators, feeding pumps, oxygen machines, or in-home lifts.
- Medicaid waivers can also be provided to families with children suffering from a variety of disabilities if the household income of the family qualifies.
If federal benefits are not able to provide financial assistance for underfunded medical equipment, there are a few second hand options for medical equipment funding.
- There are state-run lending libraries and loan programs that provide statewide assistance to families in need of medical equipment. These programs lend a variety of medical equipment, including communication devices, positioning devices or mobility devices.
- Similar to state-run lending libraries, lending closets can loan durable medical equipment, such as wheelchairs, walkers, toileting equipment or bathing equipment. Local nonprofits and hospitals can assist with finding available lending closets near you.
- Public schools are required to provide the necessary assistive technology devices to allow students to access the curriculum. Some devices can be brought home and used around the clock.
- Nonprofit organizations can be a useful funding resource for medical equipment. A few examples include Shriner’s Hospital, Action for Autism, or Make-a-Wish.
Families hoping to receive medical equipment can file an insurance claim. However, it is not uncommon to be denied by insurance companies on the first attempted claim. But it is important to be knowledgeable and to know how to appeal the claim denial. If you lose the appeal, you can request a peer-to-peer review to analyze your need for medical equipment funding. RSVP Homecare is a Cincinnati, Ohio home care company that can help file insurance claims for underfunded medical equipment. Our team of qualified professionals can work with you to file insurance claims and to fight claim denials. Contact us today to see how we can help you get the medical equipment you need.